8.15.2015

Chickpea, Feta and Cilantro Salad

Chick Pea and Cilantro Salad

I had visited a friend who had made a chick pea and parsley salad, which was surprisingly tasty for me.  I love chick peas (garbanzo beans), whether they are in a salad or whizzed into a creamy hummus.

I am also a lover of cilantro and began to wonder, as I usually do, as to whether I could successfully change up this recipe.   I was delighted to discover that it worked phenomenally well!

Try it.  If you are not a fan of cilantro, then change it back to parsley, either way its a lovely salad for a summer day!

2 tins of chick peas, drained
4 spring onions, chopped
1 c cilantro
garlic puree (tube version) - 1-2 inches
5 oz feta
1-1/2 T olive oil
juice of one lemon
red pepper flakes

Combine garlic puree, olive oil, red pepper flakes and lemon.  Whisk together until well combined and slightly emulsified.

To a medium bowl add chick peas, spring onion, cilantro and feta.   Mix.  Add dressing and combine. Chill before serving!

Printable Chick Pea and Cilantro Summer Salad