Skip to main content

Stuffed Cube Steak


The other day, I had a hankering for cube steak, but did not want Swiss Steak or
Chicken Fried Steak - my usual go to's.  I wanted to do something else with cube steak
and remembered I had bookmarked a recipe from Pinterest that involved cube steak, bacon
and goat cheese.  I tried it, we liked it, and it is now in the regular dinner rotation.
I also discovered that this recipe can be done on the grill and is quite tasty either
broiled or grilled.  You dont need a potato or rice dish with it.  A really nice salad
and some crusty bread with some homemade lemonade really makes this a great summer meal.
It is also very quick.  Just what we all want out of our summer dishes!


Stuffed Cube Steak

Serves 4

4 Cube steaks
salt and pepper to taste
4 oz cream cheese (or goat cheese) softened - very soft.
2 T coconut oil
1 small sweet onion (Vidalia or Maui) finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, crushed
2 c baby spinach - stems removed and coarsely chopped
6-8 slices sun dried tomatoes, julienned
6- 8 strips of smoked bacon

Salt and pepper your cube steaks.

In small saute pan, melt coconut oil.  Add the onion and garlic.
Saute until soft and translucent.

In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion/garlic mixture, spinach, tomatoes and
mix until well-incorporated.

Divide the mixture into four and generously spread cream cheese mix on one side of
the steak.  Roll the steak up into a log.  Wrap the cube steak log with the bacon (1-2
slices of bacon per log).  Place onto a broiler pan or rack.  Broil for 10 minutes,
until bacon is crispy.  Turn the steaks around and broil 10 minutes longer.  Check
for doneness.  Depending on the desired doneness, the thickness of the steak and the
bacon, will determine the actual cooking time for the steak.

Can also be placed on a grill - just be careful of oozing stuffing!

Remove and let rest for 5 minutes.

Serve with a nice salad and crusty bread!

Printable Stuffed Cube Steak Recipe

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Chess Squares, Nieman Marcus Bars, Paula Deen and Gooey Butter Cake....The real origin

Kevin & Amanda's Chess Squares So, I saw this recipe on Pinterest a few weeks ago and thought, hmmm.  I need to try this! With my daughter's open heart surgery, starting my final year of school and then a few major work projects, the blog got lost in the shuffle for a bit.  Last week however, I started on a cooking binge and the first thing on the clip board to try were these chess squares.  I read the blog that posted the recipe and realized they were reminiscent to her of another recipe.  I thought they sounded (and looked) like something I used to have at my grandmas.  So the sleuth in me kicked in, and a hunting I went, trying to find the progression on the variations of  this recipe and ultimately, the origins. Nieman Marcus Buttermilk Pie Paula Deen's Gooey Butter Cake Searching for "Chess Squares" took me to Nieman Marcus Bars, which led me to the Nieman Marcus Website and their Butter Cake . I then found the Paula Deen "Gooey Bu

Chocolate Chip Reeses or Rollos Brownie thingys?

I have no idea what to call these, but oh my goodness are they easy and good.  This recipe comes to you via Pinterest.  I tried to trace it all the way back to its originator, but failed.  It just kept going.   So, I do not claim these as mine - although I have tweaked them and will try something new this weekend.   As the picture indicates, these were done with premade cookie dough, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups and box brownie mix.  Thats the "easy" no frill recipe.   Here it is: Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.  Spray the insides of a square all edges brownie pan with Pam spray.   Scoop out a heaping tablespoon of premade cookie dough and press into the bottom of each square.  Top the cookie dough with a Reeses Peanut Butter Cup placed upside down.  Then fill up the well with your favorite prepared brownie mix up to 3/4 full.   Bake in oven for 15-18 minutes.  Remove and cool slightly. Here are some tips:   You can use cupcake/muffin tins (either small o