6.23.2011

Guacamole

Creamy yummy Guacamole
I think we have referred to the use of guacamole several times in previous posts, so it seems appropriate that we include a great guacamole recipe.  I prefer a creamy guacamole, primarily because it was the only way I could get my kids (or at least a couple of my kids) to try it.   One of my girls refused to eat it until a few years ago.  I dont think she believed me when I said it was good.....now she does, so good on her! I do use a little of my Tomatillo Salsa in this recipe.  Enjoy!

Creamy Guacamole

4 ripe avacado (soft to the touch, but not mushy)
1/2 c red onion, diced small
1 clove garlic, minced
2 limes, juiced
1/4 c cilantro, finely chopped
3 heaping T of Tomatillo Salsa
2 heaping T sour cream
1 heaping T mayonnaise
1 t kosher salt
1 t cracked black pepper

Cut avocados in half, lengthwise.  Remove the pits.  Scoop the flesh out of the shells and place in a medium mixing bowl.  Mash the avocado in the bowl.  I use a pastry blender because of its sharp thin blades.  Once mashed, add the chopped onion, minced garlic, lime juice, cilantro, and Tomatillo Salsa.  Mix thoroughly.  Taste for desired tartness.  Add more lime juice or more salsa to desired taste.

Mix sour cream, mayonnaise, salt and pepper together in a small bowl.  Add to avocado mixture.  Mix thoroughly.  Add additional salt and pepper to taste!

You can leave out the sour cream/mayo if you are a purist.  We like it on the creamy side, but I also enjoy it without!  Play with it and make it your own!

Creamy Guacamole PRINTABLE RECIPE